1lb of Peeled and chopped potatoes (chunky!)
1lb of peeled and sliced leeks
1 pint of chicken stock
1/2 pint of milk
little bit of double cream to taste
1 tablespoon oil
- Chop the leeks and the potatoes and put into a large saucepan with a little hot oil.
- Lightly fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer the soup for 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring back to the boil.
- Take roughly half to two thirds of the soup and put into a blender, once blended add to the remaining soup in the saucepan (you can blend it all but it's nice to have a few lumps of potato and leek!)
- Add a little cream to taste and serve with yummy crusty bread!