Whole rainbow Trout with skin on
Baby New potatoes
- Thoroughly wash the trout and remove the head and tail, place in an oven dish that has been lined with kitchen foil (enough to make a parcel).
- Place some thyme, parsley and butter into the fish with the orange slices, and a few bits of butter on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the foil so that it makes a parcel and can steam the fish inside.
- Place in an oven that has been preheated to 180c for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Put the potatoes on to boil.
- When the fish is cooked, turn the potatoes off and leave to sit in the water while you cook the asparagus.
- Take the fish out of the oven and open the parcel, place back in the oven for a few minutes to let the skin go a but crispy (no more than 5 mins!)
- You can boil or steam the asparagus while you are waiting for this but I prefer to shallow fry it in butter for 5 mins until its almost roasted.
- Serve - remove the thyme and orange slices!